Yes, you heard (read) me right! Everybody needs a little (ok a lot!) of Nutella in their life!!!
Whoever says Nutella is a spread, they are mad!!! Nutella is supposed to be eaten with a spoon or a finger(s). It makes you smile. It makes you happy. And it makes you see unicorns and sparkles and rainbows.
Just look at that picture above. I took that picture with a very dark background. And when I saw the picture in my computer, all of a sudden it was all glittery and sparkly.
Anyways, I was sad one day and wanted to ride a unicorn but I couldn't find one so I made Nutella Cupcakes instead.
I'm sharing my recipe for this yummy cupcake. Because I want to make the world a better place filled with sugary sweetness, sparkles and glitters, and birds and trees and flowers and bees...
Here we go...
(makes 12 cupcakes)
50g Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
175g Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Large Eggs
2 tablespoons Sour Cream
Preheat the oven to 180'C.
I chose gold just because I have a thing for anything shiny. :)
- Sift all the dry ingredients to the bowl of kitchen mixer, whisk/mix for about 20 seconds.
- Add softened unsalted butter and mix until it resembles small crumbs.
- Pour milk, yoghurt and eggs in another bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add milk, yoghurt and egg mixture (3 times) in the batter, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every after addition of the liquid ingredients to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Don't over mix. As soon as the batter is is well mixed and free of lumps, stop mixing.
After baking, let stand on the baking tray for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
So no matter how i burn my fingers and tip of my tongue I taste them right away.
Just make sure that the hole doesn't reach all the way down the bottom of the cake.
This ganache is softer than a usual chocolate ganache used to torte and cover cakes. Even if stored inside the refrigerator, it doesn't get hard but instead more like a decadent soft chocolate ganache.
When freshly made it has a sauce like texture and perfect for filling the cupcakes and as chocolate topping.
Chocolate Nutella Ganache Recipe
200g good quality 70% Dark Chocolate ( I use Valrhona Guanaja; For me this is the best)
100g Cream, at least 35% fat
40 g Unsalted Butter, softened
A pinch of salt
2-3 Tbsp Nutella (or as much as preferred)
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat the cream until it simmers. Don't let it boil otherwise the ganache will produce a lot of oil and will separate. Then pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Let stand for about a minute or two and start stirring slowly until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the softened butter and pinch of salt. The remaining heat of the cream and chocolate will be enough to melt the soft butter.
- Add the Nutella and stir for a minute until there's no more lumps visible and the ganache is smooth and creamy and luscious and shiny.
Do not use a metal spoon to taste.
USE YOUR FINGER INSTEAD!!! :)
Here's the recipe for the Nutella Buttercream Frosting.
Make 3 portions of this recipe and it enough for 12 cupcakes. Just triple the amount of each ingredient.
1 Large Egg White
70 grams Caster Sugar
110 grams Unsalted Butter, softened, cut into cubes
Nutella (as much as you want; the more the better :) )
On a glass bowl set on top of a pot of simmering water (bain marie/double boiler), whisk egg white and caster sugar together until sugar is melted and mixture is thin. 140 degrees C
Then transfer to the mixture on the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk on high speed until the meringue has cooled down, stiff and glossy. Approximately 5-7 minutes. Sometimes less.
While the mixer is on low speed, gradually add the softened unsalted butter one by one. Making sure everything is incorporated well every after each addition of butter.
Continue mixing to medium-high speed and you'll see that it will come together slowly and nicely. The blades of the whisk will make a pattern around the bowl which holds a medium-stiff peaks of the buttercream.
Whisk the buttercream continuously until you see the colour change from pale yellow to sort of "white". Like a white colour with the a very little tinge of yellow.
Add Nutella and fold with a spatula until everything smooth and mixed well.
And you're done!
Cover with a plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature at least 15-30 minutes before use.
And then you do this...
Then take a pretty picture of your cupcake before eating it.
And then wait for magical Unicorns appear infront of you.
If nothing appears, sit in one corner, eat the whole tray of cupcakes. You'll surely see sparkles and glitters just like me. Because of all the sugary, yummy, scrummy sweet delishness.
How exciting. :)
Then you do a Nutella Cupcake Dance around the kitchen.
Now, Go Bake!!!